Birmingham City target Kevin Nisbet

Frustrated Hibernian striker Kevin Nisbet has submitted a transfer request on deadline day as his move to Championship side Birmingham City looks to have stalled.

The in-form striker has been the subject of interest all transfer window and has seen several high sum bids from Birmingham rejected.

The Midlands club have seen their latest £2.6million bid thrown out yesterday.

Boss Jack Ross has already said he now expects the frontman to be at Easter Road for the rest of the season.

The 23-year-old striker s unhappy with the way the entire transfer saga has been dealt in this window.

A source close to the player said: “Kevin was perfectly happy at the club last week.

“He was aware of interest and was aware of a bid being made but that didn’t change anything for Kevin. He was happy and enjoying his football.

“It was made clear to him that the club would sell him if a bid was to get to a certain level. Kevin is unhappy how this has been handled.

“He feels he has now been backed into a transfer and has been left with no option but to ask for a transfer.”

Nisbet was left out of the squad on Saturday, along with Ryan Porteous who is a target for Millwall.

The striker has been on of Scotland’s top hitters this season since he made his £200,000 switch from Dunfermline in the summer.

Despite handing in a transfer request, Nisbet looks set to stay at Easter Road – Birmingham City have withdrew their offer according to The Daily Record.

Topics
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Email
  • Whatsapp

Comments 0